26. October 2012 20:13
A timely rent payment by tenants is something all landlords look forward to when renting out their properties but it is a rare spectacle to enjoy. Most of the tenants delay their payment, which becomes quite an inconvenience for landlords who are dependent on that money for the payment of mortgages or some other fixed monthly expense. To avoid such situations, smart landlords in areas like Killeen and Fort Hood are encouraging tenants to pay their rent online for the benefit of both parties. This way, the landlords get their rent in time and as far as tenants are concerned, the whole process of paying rent becomes less burdensome and a lot easier.
Property management companies in Killeen and Fort Hood are making tenants aware of the benefits of the easy-to-use and reliable method of paying rent online. The fundamental principal behind the working of this method is that the rent to be paid is debited from the tenant’s bank account and directly deposited to the account of the landlord. Paying rent online benefits the tenant in the following ways:
- It improves their credibility in the eyes of the landlord as the payment is always made on time.
- They do not have to incur extra expenses such as late fees as the rent will be paid in time automatically on a fixed date of every month.
- They can submit maintenance requests to the landlord through the rent payment site and instantly get notified on any development in this regard.
- It is much easier to get in touch with the management over any issues related to the tenancy.
- In case the tenant needs any information about the payments made, all the records can be submitted to him or her instantly.
Tenants cannot be forced to pay rent online, but you can at least inform them about what they have to gain in the long run. You can also reward tenants who pay online with gift cards or some other interesting offer. Tenants who are not technology savvy will require more hard work on your part and you will have to win their confidence about the working of this system and ensure them it is a safe and reliable one. Make the idea of paying rent online visible to your tenants by putting reminder messages of the same in the e-mails you send to them or on your website if any.
19. October 2012 17:05
Renting out your home is one smart way of utilizing your property and making the most out of it, especially when the economic conditions are not very favorable. The reasons for renting out one’s home vary from person to person but most people prefer doing so in order to make some extra income, protect their homes from vandalism, pay off important bills, etc. The reasons for renting out your home might be numerous, but it is important to understand a few challenges that you might have to face as a landlord.
Here are some tips that could be useful in making you a successful landlord:
- Competitive prices: Before renting out your home, take out some time and research on the prevailing rentals in your locality. Potential tenants will look for a package of competitive rates and features that stand out from the rest. Tread the extra mile to make potential tenants feel that your home is an edge above the rest and far more economical in terms of rent.
- Screen the tenants carefully: You cannot afford to be careless when it comes to choosing the tenants for your home. It is very important for the tenant to be one who can pay the rent well in time, should not have any criminal records. The tenants should have no previous history of not being able to pay the rent, etc. You want someone who will not cause damages to your property but instead take care of it and keep it in a good condition until the end of the rental term.
- Understand your responsibility as a landlord: Before taking the plunge, you should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of lending your property. In addition to enjoying the benefits such as extra money, protection and care for your home etc, you have to be ready for the responsibility of taking care of the repairs and maintenance, collecting rent, taking legal action against bad tenants and the like.
- Preparations: Tenants are very choosy when it comes to picking a house for rent and for this, you will have to prepare your home to suit their requirements and tastes. The preparation usually involves thoroughly cleaning the premises, ensuring the appliances, if any, are in working condition, paint of the house, etc. Tenants these days desire features such as washers, dryers, a garage, air conditioning, etc, so be sure to mention these features when advertising your home and try to make use of reputable websites and local newspapers for the job.
For more tips on renting out your home, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
11. October 2012 17:58
Whenever you are searching for a property to purchase or hire on rent, the first and foremost thing that you consider is its location. If Central Texas is where you want to settle, then the City of Killeen can be your dream destination. A popular city at Bell Country in Texas, this city has full time arts organization, Vive Les Arts Theatre. It also houses the popular Fort Hood military post situated just outside the Killeen. You can easily find a rental place or a property to buy in Killeen equipped with all basic and modern amenities. Simply hire a realtor or any property management firm in the city and find a dream home in your budget.
Earlier in 1882, the city of Killeen served as a shipping station for cotton and cattle. Since then the city has prospered with booming businesses. It is located at an hour distance from Austin, three hours distance from San Antonio, four hours from Houston and three hours from Dallas. There are many public and private schools in the area. The Central Texas College, Tarleton State University-Central Texas and University of Mary Hardin-Baylor offer higher education. There are around 100 churches in the city representing over 20 denominations. A good recreational environment is offered for the locals and tourists with 31 parks, 2 swimming pools, 32 tennis courts and also a golf course owned by municipality.
The lifestyle of people of Killeen is very vibrant and colourful. The place is very lively which enthrals various tourists with its scenic beauty. Pleasant weather throughout the year matches the beauty of the place. The clean and safe neighbourhood in the area attracts people to invest here. There is a considerable increase in the average income of an individual that implies to a rise in job opportunities in this area.
The area of Killeen has been rated as one of the most inexpensive areas in Texas and therefore people can afford to rent or buy a property. You can choose from the many property management companies and realtors who can help you buy or rent a house of your dreams that too in your budget. They have detailed knowledge about various properties in your Killeen, Texas and will provide you with best deals.
To find out various options for Homes on rent in Killeen, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
3. October 2012 20:34
After investing huge amount in residential property, you might want to give it out on rent. Now the challenge is to find a decent tenant who would not only pay rent on time but also adhere to your terms and conditions of property usage. This is where we at Lone Star Realty and Property Management come into play. We are Killeen Tx based real estate and property management group who would not only do tenant search for you but also look after rental collection, maintenance, and the legal paper work involved in renting out a property. Various Property Management Services provided by us are:
- Determine the best rental rate: We thoroughly view your property before determining its genuine rental value. We take quality pictures of the interior and exteriors of the property and would also let you know if it needs any specific repairs which can enhance rental worth.
- Market the unit to tenants: With wide experience in Rental business in Killeen and Ft Hood areas, we have huge database of people looking for a house on rent. We also indulge in marketing activities to find tenants for your property.
- Screen potential tenants: We also provide tenant screening service to make sure you get decent tenants as per your requirements. We meticulously check the background of tenants and let them know about your terms and conditions.
- Legal Documentation: We assist our clients in framing up and negotiating rental lease agreements.
- Supervise tenant move in: It would be our duty to assist tenants while moving in. We would clear all doubts of the tenants and make sure that they understand their responsibilities as tenants.
- Rent Collection: We make sure that rent is collected on time from tenants and if there are any delays, we take the necessary actions including fine collection as per the rental contracts.
- Inspect the property regularly: We perform regular inspections of the property to make sure that it is used as per rental lease terms. We also let property owners know if there is any requirement for maintenance of the same.
- Supervise tenant move out: When a tenant wants to leave your rented property, we would check the unit to make sure that the locks are re-keyed and the unit is clean.
To know more about our rental and property management services, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.