25. March 2013 13:27
The decision of whether or not to hire a property management company for your rentals can be a difficult one to make. While it might seem as an unnecessary expense at first sight, the truth is that it is a great decision, and one that definitely pays off in the end. If you have a rental property in Killeen, you can get some great property managers to handle all issues related to your property. The major benefits of using a property management company for Killeen rentals are highlighted below-
- Saves on your time- The best thing about hiring a property manager is that you have all your time back, and can utilize it for whatever purpose you wish. If, on the other hand, you were to take care of all property-related issues on your own, this would mean having to be available round the clock, leaving you with no time for any other resourceful job.
- Timely rent payments- Another major benefit of hiring a property management company is that you do not have to worry about delayed rent payments. If a tenant defaults on their rent payments, the property manager shall be responsible for following up with them and ensuring that lease policies are enforced if they do not make the payments.
- Choosing tenants- As the owner of rental property, the single most important decision you shall have to make is that of choosing the tenants. A property management company can help you out with this, by conducting a background check on prospective tenants, and ensuring that whoever is let into your property is reliable and has a positive track record.
- Extended-stay tenants- Decreasing tenant turnover is a major role played by property managers. With managing your property being their full-time job, they are able to devote the necessary time to the task, ensuring that your tenants remain happy with the property, and renew their lease after the lease period is completed.
- Round the clock availability- By hiring a property manager, you save yourself from the hassle of being available at all times to receive and handle complaints by tenants. This is especially useful in case of unforeseen circumstances like the property being broken into, or any sort of damage taking place on the property.
If you wish to enjoy all the perks of being a property owner, without having to worry about the aspect of property management, a property management company is your best bet. For more information, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
11. March 2013 15:29
Renting out your property can prove to be a great way of adding to your finances. However, you need to keep certain things in mind before you rent out your property to someone. You must be aware about the laws laid down by the government regarding the protection of landlords and property owners. If you have a home in Killeen Tx, then you must surely read on to know what all things you need to take care of:
- Checking the trustworthiness of the prospective tenant is a must. Make sure you verify this by using the requisite methods.
- Checking the credit score of a tenant will help you in determining whether a person will be able to pay the rent on time or not.
- Getting in touch with the previous employer as well as landlord will give you a lot of vital information about the prospective tenant and his general behavior.
- Police verification of the tenant is a must to save yourself any legal trouble later on. Any criminal records will come to light when you get the police verification done.
- The terms and conditions of renting out your property must be clearly mentioned in a well-defined agreement. Get this agreement signed by the tenant before you rent him the house. Also, mention what all items you are going to rent along with the rent amount etc. Also, if you have any specific tenancy period in mind, make sure you clearly mention it to the tenant in written.
- Do not ever give your house on rent to a person who refuses to undergo police verification as it can prove to be dangerous later on.
- Keeping your property in a bad condition can make prospective tenants shy away from moving into your home.
- Do not visit your tenants unannounced as this might irritate them unnecessarily. Keep a regular check but make sure you do not disturb their routine.
- All the written formalities must be followed before you rent out your house. If the renter that you have finalized refuses to sign on even one of the papers, do not rent him your house.
- Do not rent out your property to a person who does not have a secure job or will be unable to pay the rent on time.
- Don’t forget to get your house insured so that it remains protected in case of an unfortunate incident.
For best deals on rentals in Killeen Tx, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699- 7003 or (254) 290-4153.