18. September 2014 16:16
The most difficult aspect of renting an apartment is to find the best among the ones available. However, if some important things are kept in mind, the whole search process can be made a lot easier. Here are some of the important considerations that should be made while renting an apartment.
- Size: First and foremost you should determine the size of the apartment that you require. Two bedrooms might be needed for a couple with children however college students may share a room to save money. Also, take into account the size of the bathroom, dining room, living room etc.
- Price: Price is another important consideration and you can take the help of professional real estate agents to know about the current price trends in the areas where you want to rent an apartment. You should also keep in mind that you will also have to pay an advance one month rent and the security deposit before or immediately after moving in.
- Location: You should make sure that you inspect the location properly before renting the apartment. Accessibility to school, workplace, grocery store and other amenities is a big plus point. The locality and the neighbors determine how comfortable you will feel in your new home.
- Pets: If you have a pet or plan to have one in the near future you should discuss it with the landlord and know what are his rules regarding it. Some landlords do not allow pets in their property while others have guidelines regarding the number, type and size of the pets allowed.
- Parking: Find out how far you will have to go to park your car. Also inquire about the number of cars allowed per apartment and if there is an extra charge for additional cars.
- Amenities: Clear with your landlord about the amenities he will be responsible to provide you such as washer, dryer, pool or a dish washer.
- Pest problem: Thoroughly inspect the apartment for any signs of pest infestations and examine the areas under the sink and wooden closets to find signs of mice or termites.
- Length of lease: Determine the time period for which the lease is valid as most leases run for a year. You should try not to break the lease before the said time as this can be either impossible or highly expensive.
We, at Lone Star Realty and Property Management Inc., are an accomplished real estate company that can help you find the perfect rental apartment in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
11. September 2014 18:37
If you are looking for a rental apartment where you can stay with your family there are many important points that you need to consider. Finding the perfect rental unit is quite an overwhelming and time consuming task and it is possible that you will have to check out dozens of rental apartments before finalizing one. Here are some tips that will surely help you find the best apartment suitable to your needs.
- Set a budget: Before you set out to find the ideal rental apartment it is crucial that you decide how much you can take out as rent every month. Consider your expenses, income and regular bills to decide your budget. Your realtor will also find it easy to locate properties for you if you have a pre decided budget in mind. You must ensure that you stick to this budget as exceeding the budget can lead to financial issues in the future.
- Identify your priorities: Be specific on the things you definitely want in your rental apartment like the number of bedrooms, essential amenities you require, storage space you seek, built-in shelves, parking space, updated and well-equipped kitchen, modern bathrooms and size of the apartment etc.
- Evaluate your needs: Consider other facilities that you may require such as laundry and gym etc as they should be close to your place. You should also consider the location of the rental apartment as it should be close to your work place. Narrowing your search to a particular area can help you streamline and speed up the process. If you have a pet then you need to check out the rental apartments that are pet friendly.
- Be prepared: Once you find the perfect rental apartment you will be required to pay a deposit and sign lease documents. You should have all the information before hand so that you can timely fill the rental application and provide necessary papers.
- Keep track of MLS listing: When you are looking at multiple numbers of apartments you can subscribe to MLS listing and get required information about the features of the selected apartment. A multiple listing service is a collection of databases that are referred by the realtors who agree to share their listing agreements with each other. The MLS listing will inform you about the money that you need to pay in real estate taxes, utilities and mortgage payments etc.
These tips will surely help you find the perfect rental apartment without any stress. You should rely on your intuitions and take into account the environment, noises and smells in the apartment to avoid any future issues.
4. September 2014 15:01
Renting your house is one of the best ways to generate steady income; however, it is not easy to get good tenants and retain them. For appealing your potential tenants, you need to prepare your apartment and for this, you can take help of a professional or do it on your own. Here are some tips to prep an apartment for renting.
- Improve the first impression: As one can judge a book from its cover, so the exteriors of your house plays a big role in helping renters decide whether they want to look inside or not. Make sure the entrance to your apartment is appealing and inviting. By just adding an attractive light and a potted plant, you can refresh the look of your front door. If needed, give a fresh coat of paint to the door and make it look.
- Clean the apartment: Tenants like to rent a clean apartment; therefore, it is crucial that you thoroughly clean it and de-clutter it. Moreover, cleaning is a fundamental component of an apartment. Cleaning may require a lot of time and effort. If you do not have time to clean every nook and corner of your apartment, then you can consider hiring a professional cleaning company. While cleaning your apartment, you need to clean the kitchen, bathrooms, and every room. Ensure that the kitchen countertop is clean, tiles and grouts are sparking clean, and there is no mold and dust build up in bathrooms. Arrange everything including the furniture and make sure there is no clutter. Keep the clothes and things arranged in the closets, so that the apartment looks spic and span.
- Repairs: Make sure every fixture and appliance is in working order. Get electrical appliances and any broken floor tiles, roof shingles, etc., repaired.
- Maximize the lighting: Make sure your apartment is well lit, for that open all the blinds, curtains, and doors to let the natural light come in. Whether its day or night, turn on all the lights while staging your apartment. For preparing your apartment for staging, check all the lights and replace any broken lights that are not working.
- Decorate your apartment: Decorate your apartment in your style and if you do not have that skill, take help from a friend or professional stager. Set the table, use some good wall hangings, have fresh flowers, and place some accessories aesthetically to enhance the appeal of your rooms. It is always good to have some bathroom accessories that will add a new element to your apartment.
By concentrating on these few things, you can easily prepare your apartment for renting.