20. April 2015 14:30
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments for most people. Thus it can be a daunting and stressful experience for anyone who is not familiar with the real estate in Ft Hood, TX. If you are looking forward to buy a home, you need to consider a number of things.
- Avoid investing if you plan to move: If you are in a job that needs you to move from one place to another after every few years, then investing a huge amount in a property is not a good idea. Selling may not be so easy; moreover, you may end up losing money that you spend on transaction costs of buying and selling.
- Find how much you can afford: Before you start hunting for your dream home, decide how much you can spend. A number of financial options are available; however, make sure that your mortgage payment is about 29% of your gross annual income. Check out the interest rates and ensure that you get the lowest interest rates.
- Check out your credit report: Your credit report is essential document, as it determines whether you will get loan or not and how much you can borrow. You must know the details about your credit report to be familiar with your financial capability.
- Assess your needs: To enjoy your lifestyle the way you want, assess your needs and decide what exactly to want. This will help you narrow down your search and find a home exactly according to your wishes. Decide whether you need a garage, open yard, lawn or any other features that are a necessity to your lifestyle.
- Neighborhood and security: Watch the neighborhood where you want to buy a house. The area should be accessible and it should have all the basic amenities that you need for comfortable living. Look at the security aspect and ensure that the area has a low crime rate.
- Inspect the home: The seller will do the best effort to impress you and stage the house in an attractive way, so you should keenly observe the house and look for any loopholes. Hire an inspector to know whether the claims by the seller are genuine or not. Your home inspector will help you decide whether the home is worth investing or has any hidden issues. The inspector will also inform you about the potential problems that will require repairs and the costs involved in the end.
We, at Lone Star & Property Management, Inc. can help you find homes for sale in Fort Hood. We can also assist you in negotiating the deal and preparing legal documents. You can visit us at 1020 W JASPER DR, KILLEEN, TX 76542 or call (254) 699 - 7003.
13. April 2015 19:32
Finding a suitable rental apartment may not be easy, specially if you have just moved or are planning to move to Fort Hood, TX. You need to consider a lot of important factors such as affordability, required amenities, accessibility, etc. Given here is a complete guide to find the most suitable rental apartment in Fort Hood.
- Affordability: Make sure your rent does not exceed 20% of your monthly income. Chalk out a detailed financial plan to determine a reasonable price range and identify expenses that you can cut to afford a desired apartment. By managing your budget sensibly, you can surely have an added space or room.
- Get your credit check report: Although landlords conduct thorough screening of the tenants before renting the apartment, you should also request your own credit score to ensure there is no hurdle that can mar your scope.
- Lower your monthly rent: Suburbs often offer more economical options than city centers, so you can check out some good apartments in the suburb within conveniently commutable distance. This requires you to consider transportation costs. Another way of lowering the apartment rent is sharing it with someone. Your roommate will ease the financial burden however, it is crucial to have the landlord’s consent for sharing and have a written agreement with your roommate.
- Talk to other tenants: If you want to ensure that you are renting the right place, talk to the other tenants in the building and try to get maximum information about the landlord. You can also talk to some of the previous tenants to know about the behavior of the landlord and know whether landlord acts responsibly, adheres to the terms mentioned in the agreements and maintains the property or not.
- Check out everything before signing the lease: It is essential to walk through the apartment and check everything so that you are sure of everything. The previous tenants may have caused damage to the property or there may be some maintenance issues to take care of. Check the faucets, flush, and water pressure. Also, check if the lights and other electrical appliances are functioning properly. Check safety measures and the locks.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you search affordable and well maintained apartment for rent in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
6. April 2015 19:25
Improving the curb appeal of your home will not only make it look more beautiful but also add to its rental value. In fact, a shabby outdoor area is one of the biggest reasons why most tenants reject a property. Most landlords often avoid investing in exterior improvements just because they can be quite costly. Making some simple changes in the outdoor area can also boost its curb appeal in an affordable manner.
Given here are some useful tips that can help to improve the curb appeal of your Killeen rental home:
- Clean Thoroughly: One of the simplest ways in which you can make your home look more appealing is by cleaning it thoroughly. Use a pressure washer to remove all the dirt and stains from the driveways, sidewalks, porch, outdoor deck etc. Do not forget to clean the doors and windows too.
- Improve The Landscaping: Remove all the dead plants and weeds from the lawn and add fresh flower beds. Make sure you trim the grass of your lawn before the potential tenant visits the rental home. If you have sprinklers installed, make sure they are working properly.
- Light The Walkway: Installing low voltage landscape lighting across the walkways will not only increase the view of your property in the dark, but also add to its security feature. You can also opt for solar powered lights to save on your tenant’s energy bills.
- Improve The Entryway: Cleaning and repainting the entrance of your Killeen rental home is a cost-effective way to transform its look. You can also place potted ornamental plants to give it a more welcoming appearance.
- Clean Out The Gutters: If there are any clogged drains or gutters in or near your rental home, make sure you get them repaired before any potential tenant visits. Having standing and stinking water is surely an unlikely thing that people do not want in their future residence.
- Add Some Accessories: Putting up some weather resistant art pieces or other decorative accessories can also help to improve curb appeal. Make sure that the items that you choose should complement the color of your home and outdoor area.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer complete assistance in renting your home in Killeen, TX. For more details about our services, feel free to contact us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.