14. November 2015 14:44
When you are hunting for a rental home, there are many things that will help you arrive at a logical decision. When there are a number of choices and you are confused between deciding on the perfect one, take care of the following points to choose the most ideal property suiting your pocket and requirements.
- Set a budget: It is important to set an upper limit for how much rent you can pay every month. Getting lured by a property and agreeing on a rent that is above your budget may not be a good idea in the long run. You should also determine beforehand the size and other features in the house that you will settle for.
- Research: Research the neighborhood to determine if the asking price of the landlord is fair. A good way to do this is to find out the price of a similar property which was rented out in recent past. Considering other factors that are essential for you like distance from work, climate of the place, proximity to public utilities, limit your research to the area that you like the most.
- Additional costs: In addition to the monthly payout, you need to consider the additional costs involving documentation, taxes, property maintenance etc. Ask the landlord for all the monthly overheads and accordingly decide if the place will be suitable to your needs.
- Inspect every property: Always insist on having a walk through the property. Thoroughly check the walls, electrical appliances, kitchen sinks, bathroom fixtures etc. and bring every issue to the notice of the landlord so he can get it fixed before you move in.
- Hire an expert: One may also consider hiring a real estate agent who can help you shortlist the most suitable rental home. He can also assist you with all documentation and operations to ensure the process is carried smoothly.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find a rental home in Killeen, TX. Our real estate agents will analyze your requirements and shortlist homes that suit your budget and needs. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.